Here is a method that is helping websites to get more hits and traffic. Writing a great catchy headline can pull in visitors of websites, blogs, and other social media, as well as readers of ads and other marketing materials. Headlines are your first impression! So what’s the secret of writing an effective headline? How do you write a headline like a pro? I have 10 ideas that won’t shock you, but they are effective. Here are the first 5, and the next five attention-getting ideas will be in a follow-up blog – so “follow me” to make sure you don’t miss the next 5 headline writing ideas.
1. The Secret of [blank]. This headline format is used quite a bit, but that’s because it works so well – share perceived insider knowledge and translate it into value for the reader. For example; The Secret of Writing a Successful Headline, or The Secret of Creating Financial Independence.
2. Little Known Ways to [blank]! For example: Little Known Ways to Get Blog Readers Attention, or Little Known Ways to Lose Weight Quickly and Safely. You can make it a stronger by adding a number – 5 Little Known Ways to Save on Your Air Conditioning Bill, or 10 Little Known Ways to Grab a Reader’s Attention.
3. Who Else Wants [blank]? Starting a headline with “Who Else Wants…” is a classic advertising strategy that implies an already existing desire for what you have, whether it is knowledge, products or services. For example; Who Else Wants to Make Money Working from Home, or Who Else Wants my Secrets to Writing a Catchy Headline?
4. Here is a Method That is Helping [blank] to [blank]. Simply identify your target audience and the value you can provide them, and then just fill in the blanks. For example; Here is a Method That is Helping Vacationers to Save Hundreds on Travel Expenses, or Here is a Method That is Helping Marketing Professionals to Get More Leads.
5. Get Rid of [problem] Once and For All. A classic formula that identifies either a painful problem or an unfulfilled desire that the potential customer wants to remedy. For example; Get Rid of Your Credit Card Debt Once and For All, or Get Rid of Joint Pain Once and For All.
Those were the first 5 of 10 Secrets of Writing an Attention Getting Headline. The next five will be in a follow-up blog, so please “Like” if you did so, and “Follow Me” to make sure you don’t miss the other 5 headline writing tips.